Available for In Studio Interviews
Today 1-in-3 U.S. adults is dealing with an Eldercare challenge (from the “Employer Perspective” : 1-in-5 workers).
Eldercare, The Essential Guide To caring For Your Loved One and Yourself
Available for In-Studio Interview
According to the National Alliance for Caregiving 1-in-3 U.S. adults currently face eldercare challenges. There are over 43 million unpaid caregivers to aging loved ones in the U.S. These unpaid “Informal Caregivers” are responsible for 80% of all “eldercare”. They are commonly impacted in four (4) ways: Health; Finances; Careers; and Relationships.
According to Derrick Y. McDaniel “Mr. Eldercare 101”, both care providers & recipients benefit when caregivers have the information necessary to care for themselves-and their other obligations-as they care for their aging loved ones. Mr. McDaniel shares important strategies for managing caregiver: Health; Careers; Finances; and Other Relationships.
In this segment, Mr. Eldercare 101 will share with your audience his 16Ps, to help caregivers care for themselves as they care for their aging loved ones.
Caption – ABC television
- Currently 1-in-3 U.S. adults face Eldercare challenges. Derrick will share with your audience the “indicators” that an aging loved one will soon need “care” – and WHO should expect to become a caregiver in the future.
- 80% of ALL eldercare is provided exclusively by family and friends-with no professional assistance-Derrick will explain the impacts to caregivers: Health; Jobs; Finances; and Other Relationships.
- Eldercare issues often destroy relationships (siblings, friends etc.) and ruin family dynamics – Derrick will present strategies to engage everyone and keep people happy. (especially relevant during & after the holiday season)
- 70% of caregivers experience Depression (25%-45% have severe depression) – Derrick will explore the reasons, potential impacts, and ways to mitigate/avoid depression
- 1-in-5 employed people are caregivers to aging loved ones, and 70% experience job related difficulties. Derrick will teach your audience how to maintain their careers while caring for the elderly.
Caregivers typically face difficult and overwhelming challenges ranging from negative health consequences to unplanned exits from the work force. Understanding and utilization of Mr. Eldercare 101’s 16 Ps helps caregivers care for themselves as they care for their aging loved ones.
Mr. Eldercare 101’s 16 Ps
Prior proper planning, painstaking preparation, preventative programs, and patience; positively prevents poor patient prognosis, and pathetic personal performance
Derrick Y. McDaniel “Mr. Eldercare 101” is a nationally recognized Eldercare expert, published author, professional speaker, and consultant focused on the Eldercare challenges faced by corporations and their employees.
In 2014 he authored the critically acclaimed book: Eldercare, The Essential Guide To Caring For Your Loved One And Yourself. http://bit.ly/EldercareGuideBook, and regularly publishes articles in national publications like Ebony, and Huffington Post.
Derrick earned his MBA and Law degrees simultaneously from Boston University and has a B.A. in English from Hobart College. He’s admitted to the New York Bar, and is a member of: the National Black MBA Association; the American Bar Association; and the Boule.
Get Mr. Eldercare 101’s Top 5 Videos
Sign up NOW to receive Mr. Eldercare 101’s Top 5 Videos.
Plus, you’ll get the latest Eldercare news, caregiving strategies and an occasional inspiration message-because we can all use those.